A study sponsored by Nordic Naturals, a supplement company, found that omega-3 fish oil significantly boosted autistic children’s scores in 8 different areas on language and learning tests.
The article states that, “Investigators also noted the importance of fish oil purity,” and that Nordic Naturals “…is working to set exacting standards for freshness, purity, and taste in omega EFA supplements.”
More from FishOilBlog.com: Should You Give Your Kids Fish Oil?
Nordic Naturals is doing just that by having their fish oil independently tested by International Fish Oil Standards, an organization providing third party validation of fish oil in 5 areas:
- CRN/WHO Testing Categories
- Greater than 60% Omega-3 Concentration
- Oxidation less than 75% CRN standard
- PCB levels less than 50% of CRN standard
- Dioxin levels 50% less than WHO standard